VP, Technology Operations
New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis Trading is a seeking a VP, Technology Operations to manage and scale technology operations across the firm’s proprietary engineering efforts. The VP, Technology Operations will have a strong infrastructure background, preferably in a trading environment. The VP, Technology Operations will have an excellent understanding of infrastructure technologies including cloud-based computing, and networking protocols, in addition to technology governance implementation through structured processes and procedures.
- Lead DevOps and Network Engineers aligned with trading and custody infrastructure
- Facilitate design and implementation of scalable computing and networking architectures
- Implement technology governance methodologies through structured controls and processes
- Design and implement change control with segregation of duties and logging structures
- Implement support structure to monitor alerting mechanisms within a follow-the-sun model
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred)
- 7+ years infrastructure experience in digital currencies, FX, or other capital markets
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment with industry standard tooling
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes Clustering and Docker containers
- Strong understanding of relational and time series databases
- Strong understanding of network concepts (switches, firewalls, load balancers, intrusion
- Strong understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.