Trading Risk Analyst
New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
We are currently seeking a Trading Risk Analyst to work closely with Traders to develop and improve our risk systems, methodologies, and limits. The candidate will deliver timely and accurate reporting and analysis of exposures, risks, P/L explanation. The candidate should be comfortable thinking about overall risk management at the enterprise level. The candidate will apply advanced analytic & modeling techniques to assist in developing solutions and frameworks for viewing and explaining the risk in the trading portfolio to a variety of constituents, from individual traders to senior executives. Superior candidates will have experience Interfacing with front, middle, and back office to understand and analyze trading activity and how it impacts the broader business.
- Develop a deep understanding of digital asset trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals
- Monitor trading desk’s performance and risk utilization, supervising risk-taking activities as well as adherence to planned strategy and proactively identify, capture, and evaluate risk incidents
- Proficient in risk and statistical measures, such as: VaR, mVaR, cVaR, sVaR, expected shortfall, beta-adjusted exposure as a starting point
- Develop approaches for managing, monitoring and/or mitigating these risks and challenges - implementing risk management procedures, reviews and, if appropriate, approve and/or recommend relevant limits
- Prepare daily risk reports and monitor limits compliance and report overages to the Heads of Risk and Trading departments
- Close communication with trading desks and active monitoring of trading/risk activity and PnL events
- Prepare technical and fundamental analysis/research of digital assets markets and portfolio risks
- Work with originations, risk management and trading to define and evaluate risks on potential transactions
- Pro-active identify and escalate to management on potential market risk events and regulatory/policy changes
- Collaborate with software developers to develop and maintain risk tools
- Analyze orders and quoting behavior of our electronic execution strategies
- Support month-end and quarter-end close process, in conjunction with the Accounting and Operations, to generate timely and accurate results for subsequent consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Support ad hoc reporting requirements and/or special projects, developing and improving upon data visualizations and reports
- Monitor regulatory capital limits
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative subject
- 2-5 years experience in digital assets, FX or derivatives
- Excel/VBA and ability to analyze large datasets using SQL
- Statistical software: R, MATLAB, etc.
- Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or another quantitative field
- Excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in fast-paced trading environment
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.