New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis is seeking a talented Software Engineer with experience building low-latency trading platforms preferably in the digital currency or foreign exchange markets. The Software Engineer will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer, and focus on order management, and order routing development. Flexibility to develop cross language, particularly in Go, Java, and Python preferred.
- Develop and maintain core Java, Go, and Python trading platforms components
- Develop and integrate automated unit tests for software developed
- Review and recommend architectural improvements
- Participate in design sessions with development team
- Troubleshoot production impacting issues providing timely solutions
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred)
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies, FX, or other capital markets environment
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Strong knowledge of low-latency programming, and lock free algorithms
- Solid understanding of developing software sympathetic to modern CPU architectures
- Solid understanding of FIX Engines and FIX Protocol
- Solid understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.