Senior Internal Auditor
New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Internal Auditor who will work closely with the VP of Internal Controls in New York. The candidate will be instrumental in helping to implement and monitor our SOX controls.
- Designing and executing financial, operational, or technology audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Developing audit engagement scope, completing field-work, preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and evaluating their significance and potential business impact to improve process effectiveness.
- Presenting practical recommendations to senior leaders and preparing written audit reports to document your findings.
- Assist in testing the effectiveness of the Company’s SOX controls and work with management to ensure remediation is implemented for deficiencies identified.
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of internal audit.
- Participate in audit planning activities, including risk assessments, research and interviews.
- Being a high visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in financial services or cryptocurrency company.CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical mannerPublic accounting, information systems, risk, and operational based audit experience.
- Understanding of information technology general controls
- Knowledge of BSA/AML and NYDFS standards.
- Experience with data analytics tools.
- Strong Work Ethic and high degree of energy
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.