New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis Trading is seeking a talented Quantitative Researcher to develop statistical and mathematical trading algorithms for digital currency markets. Quantitative Researchers at Genesis work closely as a team to find statistically significant signals in noisy markets and deploy them to our high-frequency trading engine. The Quantitative Researcher will have a solid foundation in mathematics and a deep understanding of how to apply predictive models in an uncertain world. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to write efficient code to test hypotheses.
- Collaborate with other researchers and traders to develop and optimize statistical signals
- Implement and deploy algorithmic trading strategies
- Analyze metrics related to live models and formulate strategies to improve said metrics
- Advanced education (B.S., M.S., PhD) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related quantitative field
- Experience in applying predictive and data-mining algorithms to large datasets
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language (like Python, Java, Golang, C++)
- Experience with relational and time-series databases
- Practical experience in deploying large-scale machine learning models is a plus, including knowledge of ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.