Compliance Administrative Lead
New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis’ global compliance program is seeking to add a Compliance Administrative Lead, based in New York. This role is to support the department’s senior management and broader team as required.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and the AML Officer including; calendar management, internal/external correspondence drafting and editing (including regulatory correspondence and filings), internal/external meeting planning, expense tracking, and mail processing. Support other members of the compliance team as directed.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for the CCO, AML Officer, and compliance team by answering and directing questions from Genesis personnel related to compliance matters, including FINRA personnel compliance.
- Work closely and effectively with the CCO, AML Officer, and other compliance team members to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments, regulatory deadlines, projects, and initiatives, following up as appropriate.
- In conjunction with senior compliance staff, develop presentations and deliverables for periodic CCO reporting to senior management and the board of directors.
- At the direction of senior compliance staff, assist in compiling and validating results stemming from periodic compliance assessments.
- Coordinate, generate, and distribute reporting from management systems as required.
- Update and maintain departmental filing systems and personnel compliance records.
- Maintain regulatory calendar.
- Assist compliance staff in the execution of Genesis’ corporate governance program including managing the committee meeting calendar, drafting agenda items, and taking minutes.
- Conduct new hire compliance welcome sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years administrative support experience, preferably in financial services.
- 1-3 years experience with SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, or NYSDFS compliance. Broker-dealer experience is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong work ethic and high degree of energy
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.