Chief Financial Officer
New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody, and prime brokerage services.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Chief Financial Officer in New York. The CFO will report to the CEO and will lead the finance team and all financial matters for the firm globally across the Genesis entities, as well as oversee treasury management aspects of the firm’s ecosystem.
- Develop and grow the finance and accounting team to build an effective controls framework that ensures the safekeeping of assets and production of timely and accurate financial reports.
- Oversee and ensure regulatory financial reporting requirements are met, as well as ensure ongoing tax compliance.
- Oversee and direct internal management reporting and financial analysis, business segment profitability and balance sheet reporting
- Develop key performance indicators and analyses to support management, as well as coordinate and oversee strategic planning and forecasting processes
- Oversight of all treasury functions for both fiat and digital assets
- Monitor cash flow and maintain all banking and exchanges relationships
- Work with senior management to execute on the hiring strategy and to improve employees’ retention and talent acquisition
- Foster positive relationships both internally and externally as well as build trust and credibility with clients globally
- Ensure adequate capital is available, and properly allocated across the organization to ensure maximum ROI
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; with 15+ years of related accounting or finance experience in financial services; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of five years' financial management experience, investment management and debt financing experience, preferably in a broker-dealer and/or prime brokerage setting
- Experience managing the capital and reporting requirements for complex corporate structures
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in financial systems and reporting
- A proven track record of negotiating contracts, business agreements and/or partnerships
- A proven track record of establishing implementing and enforcing best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highest level of ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decisive decision maker
- Driven and highly organized
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.