API Integration Engineer
New York, NY, USA
The digital currency market is the most exciting and fastest-growing segment of finance, with new institutions and capital from around the world entering the space every day. Genesis Global Trading, a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, is a pioneer in the industry, launching the first digital asset trading desk in 2013 and the first institutional lending business in 2018. Today, Genesis sits at the forefront of the industry as a global leader, providing digital asset trading, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis Trading is seeking an API Integration Engineer with a strong engineering background and client support experience to rapidly advance client trading integrations to the Genesis Prime Brokerage platform. The API Integration Engineer will manage multiple concurrent integrations, clearly articulate integration requirements with clients, and proactively troubleshoot technical issues. Experience with FIX and REST based APIs strongly preferred.
- Manage multiple REST and FIX client integrations from UAT to Production
- Work directly with clients to establish connectivity and conformance test
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues with networking team and through log parsing
- Communicate with the trading desk to configure liquidity streams
- Work alongside the engineering team to advance customer requirements
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies, or other capital markets preferred
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages including Python
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs including Server-Side Events
- Solid understanding of FIX Engines and FIX Protocol
- Solid understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Experience with conformance testing
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.